WonderSwan/Color (Beetle Cygne)Link
Contribute to this documentationLink
In order to propose improvements to this document, visit its corresponding source page on github. Changes are proposed using "Pull Requests."
There is a To-Do list for libretro/docs here
Standalone port of Mednafen WonderSwan to libretro, itself a fork of Cygne.
Why use this core?Link
How to get and install the Beetle Cygne core:Link
- Start up RetroArch. Inside the main menu, go to 'Online Updater'.
- Just to make sure we have the latest info files, select 'Update Core Info FIles'. Wait until this is done. Then, select 'Core Updater'.
- Browse through the list and select 'WonderSwan/Color (Beetle Cygne)'.
After this has finished downloading, the core should now be ready for use!
How to start (after installation):Link
- Go back to RetroArch's main menu screen. Select 'Load Content'.
Browse to the folder that contains the content you want to run.
Select the content that you want to run.
If you are asked which core to select, choose 'WonderSwan/Color (Beetle Cygne)'.
The content should now start running!
- Mednafen Team
A summary of the licenses behind RetroArch and its cores have found here.
The Beetle Cygne core is licensed under
Content that can be loaded by the Beetle Cygne core have the following file extensions:
RetroArch database(s) that are associated with the Beetle Cygne core:
RetroArch-level settings or features that the Beetle Cygne core respects.
|Netplay||✔ (not link-cable emulation)|
The Beetle Cygne core's directory name is 'Mednafen WonderSwan'
The Beetle Cygne core saves/loads to/from these directories.
RetroArch's Save directory
- 'content-name'.srm (Cartridge backup save)
RetroArch's State directory
- 'content-name'.state# (State)
Geometry and timingLink
- The Beetle Cygne core's internal FPS is 75.47
- The Beetle Cygne core's internal sample rate is 44100 Hz
- The Beetle Cygne core's core provided aspect ratio is 14/9
The Beetle Cygne core supports the following device type(s) in the controls menu, bolded device types are the default for the specified user(s):
User 1 device typesLink
- None - Doesn't disable input.
- RetroPad - Joypad
- RetroPad w/Analog - There is no reason to switch to this.
Joypad and analog device type tableLink
|User 1 Remap descriptors||RetroPad Inputs||RetroPad|
|Rotate screen and the active D-Pad|
|X Cursor Up||X Cursor Up|
|X Cursor Down||X Cursor Down|
|X Cursor Left||X Cursor Left|
|X Cursor Right||X Cursor Right|
|Y Cursor Left||Y Cursor Left|
|Y Cursor Right||Y Cursor Right|
|Y Cursor Down||Y Cursor Down|
|Y Cursor Up||Y Cursor Up|
|Tonpuusou||Title screen announcer voice missing. Softlocks after picking a menu option.|