Sega - MS/GG (SMS Plus GX)¶
SMS Plus is an open-source Sega Master System and Game Gear emulator written by Charles MacDonald.
SMS Plus GX is an enhanced version which includes improved accuracy, bug fixes with most games and others.
The SMS Plus GX core has been authored by
- Charles Mcdonald
- Eke-Eke (GX)
The SMS Plus GX core is licensed under
A summary of the licenses behind RetroArch and its cores have found here.
Content that can be loaded by the SMS Plus GX core have the following file extensions:
RetroArch database(s) that are associated with the SMS Plus GX core:
Required or optional firmware files go in the frontend's system directory.
|bios.sms||Master System BIOS - Optional||840481177270d5642a14ca71ee72844c|
Frontend-level settings or features that the SMS Plus GX core respects.
The SMS Plus GX core's internal core name is 'SMS Plus GX'
Frontend's Save directory
|*.srm||Cartridge battery save|
Frontend's State directory
Geometry and timing¶
- The SMS Plus GX core's core provided FPS is 60 for NTSC games and 50 for PAL games
- The SMS Plus GX core's core provided sample rate is 44100 Hz
- The SMS Plus GX core's base width is 256 for Master System and 160 for Game Gear games
- The SMS Plus GX core's base height is 192 for Master System and 144 for Game Gear games
- The SMS Plus GX core's core provided aspect ratio is 4:3
The SMS Plus GX core has the following option(s) that can be tweaked from the core options menu. The default setting is bolded.
Settings with (Restart) means that core has to be closed for the new setting to be applied on next launch.
Blargg NTSC Filter [smsplus_ntsc_filter] (disabled/monochrome/composite/svideo/rgb)
Replicates the analog signal effects such as color bleeding and pixel artifacts to match the images a TV would show.
Decoder Matrix [smsplus_sony_decoder] (standard/cxa2025as)
Toggle between standard and Sony decoder matrix to be used for NTSC filters.
The SMS Plus GX core supports the following device type(s) in the controls menu, bolded device types are the default for the specified user(s):
User 1 device types¶
- None - Doesn't diable input. There's no reason to switch to this.
- RetroPad - Joypad - Stay on this.
- RetroPad w/Analog - Joypad - There's no reason to switch to this.
|RetroPad Inputs||SMS Plus GX core Inputs|
- Libretro SMS Plus GX Github Repository
- Libretro SMS Plus GX Core info file
- Report Libretro SMS Plus GX Core Issues Here