VeMUlator is a Sega VMU emulator. This is a port of the Android SEGA Dreamcast VMU emulator "VeMUlator" for libretro, it was translated from Java to C++ and then implemented the libretro.h callbacks.
The VeMUlator core has been authored by
- Mahmoud Jaoune
The VeMUlator core is licensed under
A summary of the licenses behind RetroArch and its cores can be found here.
Content that can be loaded by the VeMUlator core have the following file extensions:
Frontend-level settings or features that the VeMUlator core respects.
The VeMUlator core's internal core name is 'VeMUlator'
Geometry and timing¶
- The VeMUlator core's core provided FPS is 60
- The VeMUlator core's core provided sample rate is 32768 Hz
- The VeMUlator core's core provided aspect ratio is 3/2
The VeMUlator core has the following option(s) that can be tweaked from the core options menu. The default setting is bolded.
Settings with (Restart) means that core has to be closed for the new setting to be applied on next launch.
Enable flash write (.bin, requires restart) [enable_flash_write] (enabled|disabled)
The VeMUlator core supports the following device type(s) in the controls menu, bolded device types are the default for the specified user(s):
User 1 device types¶
- None - Doesn't disable input. There's no reason to switch to this.
- RetroPad - Joypad - Stay on this.
- RetroPad w/Analog - Joypad - Same as RetroPad. There's no reason to switch to this.
|RetroPad Inputs||VeMUlator core Inputs|
- Timer problems (Mainly T0, due to lack of documentation of the VMU.)
- Sound not being synchronized with the system.
- Close/restart content will cause crash.
- Official/Libretro VeMUlator Github Repository
- Libretro VeMUlator Core info file
- Report Libretro VeMUlator Core Issues Here
It will cause a crash. ↩