Sega - Master System (Emux SMS)¶
Emux is a cross-platform emulator project with a goal of emulating multiple kinds of machines related to gaming, such as consoles or arcades. Its philosophy is very much inspired by the Linux kernel (hence the name), which brilliantly manages to support multiple machines while keeping drivers entirely platform-independent. Emux is designed in the same way, keeping a code base of CPUs and controllers separate from machines.
The Emux SMS core has been authored by
- Sebastien Ronsse
The Emux SMS core is licensed under
A summary of the licenses behind RetroArch and its cores can be found here.
Content that can be loaded by the Emux SMS core have the following file extensions:
RetroArch database(s) that are associated with the Emux SMS core:
Required or optional firmware files go in the frontend's system directory.
|bios.sms||Master System BIOS - Required||840481177270d5642a14ca71ee72844c|
Frontend-level settings or features that the Emux SMS core respects.
The Emux SMS core's internal core name is 'emux (sms)'
Geometry and timing¶
- The Emux SMS core's core provided FPS is (FPS)
- The Emux SMS core's core provided sample rate is (Rate)
- The Emux SMS core's core provided aspect ratio is (Ratio)
The Emux SMS core supports the following device type(s) in the controls menu, bolded device types are the default for the specified user(s):
User 1 device types¶
- None - Doesn't diable input. There's no reason to switch to this.
- RetroPad - Joypad - Stay on this.
- RetroPad w/Analog - Joypad - There's no reason to switch to this.
|RetroPad Inputs||Emux SMS core Inputs|
- Official Emux SMS Github Repository
- Libretro Emux SMS Core info file
- Libretro Emux SMS Github Repository
- Report Libretro Emux SMS Core Issues Here