Stuart Carnie has ported REminiscence ,Gregory Montoir’s Flashback emulator, over to libretro! REminiscence is a game engine recreation of the 1992/1993 action adventure game Flashback. It is the spiritual successor of Another World/Out Of This World and it distinguishes itself with rotoscoped graphics, polygonal cutscenes, and a Prince of Persia-style gameplay system.
This port is still a work in progress, however it is in a working state. Currently, it jumps directly into the game, skipping the main menu.
We have also added modplug support to the core for improved music playback.
The REminiscence core has been authored by
- Gregory Montoir
- Stuart Carnie
The REminiscence core is licensed under
A summary of the licenses behind RetroArch and its cores can be found here.
How to start the REminiscence core:¶
A visual demonstration of loading content with the REminiscence core can be found here.
Content that can be loaded by the REminiscence core have the following file extensions:
- .map (DOS Map Data)
- .aba (DOS (Demo) Map Data)
- .seq (DOS CD Map Data)
- .lev (Amiga Map Data)
RetroArch database(s) that are associated with the REminiscence core:
Frontend-level settings or features that the REminiscence core respects.
Geometry and timing¶
- The REminiscence core's core provided FPS is 50.0
- The REminiscence core's core provided sample rate is 44100 Hz
- The REminiscence core's base width is 256
- The REminiscence core's base height is 224
- The REminiscence core's max width is 1024
- The REminiscence core's max height is 768
- The REminiscence core's core provided aspect ratio is 8/7
|RetroPad Inputs||User 1 input descriptors|
|Draw / Holster|
|Inventory / Skip|