Cave Story (NXEngine)Link
Contribute to this documentationLink
In order to propose improvements to this document, visit its corresponding source page on github. Changes are proposed using "Pull Requests."
There is a To-Do list for libretro/docs here
NXEngine is a open source reproduction of the Cave Story game engine.
Why use this core?Link
How to get and install the NXEngine core:Link
- Start up RetroArch. Inside the main menu, go to 'Online Updater'.
- Just to make sure we have the latest info files, select 'Update Core Info FIles'. Wait until this is done. Then, select 'Core Updater'.
- Browse through the list and select 'Cave Story (NXEngine)'.
After this has finished downloading, the core should now be ready for use!
How to start (after installation):Link
- You now need to obtain NXEngine's data files. You can do this by going back to the previous menu screen. From there, select 'Content Downloader'.
- Select 'NXEngine', then select 'Cave Story (En).zip'. This should download and extract this file to RetroArch's Downloads directory.
- Go back to RetroArch's main menu screen. Select 'Load Content', then 'Downloads'.
- Select the 'Cave Story (en)' directory, then select 'Doukutsu.exe'.
- If you are asked which core to select, choose 'NXEngine'.
The content should now start running!
- Caitlin Shaw
A summary of the licenses behind RetroArch and its cores have found here.
The NXEngine core is licensed under
Content that can be loaded by the NXEngine core have the following file extensions:
RetroArch database(s) that are associated with the NXEngine core:
RetroArch-level settings or features that the NXEngine core respects.
The NXEngine core's directory name is 'NXEngine'
The NXEngine core saves/loads to/from these directories.
RetroArch's Save directory
- profile#.dat (Save data profile)
Geometry and timingLink
- The NXEngine core's internal FPS is 60
- The NXEngine core's internal sample rate is 22050 Hz
- The NXEngine core's core provided aspect ratio is (Ratio)
The NXEngine core supports the following device type(s) in the controls menu, bolded device types are the default for the specified user(s):
User 1 device typesLink
- None - Doesn't disable input
- RetroPad - Joypad
- RetroPad w/Analog - Joypad - There is no reason to switch to this.
Joypad and analog device type tableLink
|User 1 Input descriptors||RetroPad Inputs|