Nintendo - Game Boy Advance (Beetle GBA)Link
Standalone port of Mednafen GBA to libretro, itself a fork of VBA-M, itself a fork of Visual Boy Advance.
The Beetle GBA core has been authored by
- Mednafen Team
The Beetle GBA core is licensed under
A summary of the licenses behind RetroArch and its cores have found here.
Content that can be loaded by the Beetle GBA core have the following file extensions:
RetroArch database(s) that are associated with the Beetle GBA core:
Required or optional firmware files go in the frontend's system directory.
|gba_bios.bin||Game Boy Advance BIOS - Optional||a860e8c0b6d573d191e4ec7db1b1e4f6|
Frontend-level settings or features that the Beetle GBA core respects.
|Netplay||✔ (not link-cable emulation)|
The Beetle GBA core's internal core name is 'Mednafen VBA-M'
The Beetle GBA core saves/loads to/from these directories.
Frontend's Save directory
- 'content-name'.'ROM MD5'.sav (SRAM)
- 'content-name'.'ROM MD5'.eep (EEPROM)
Frontend's State directory
- 'content-name'.state# (State)
Geometry and timingLink
- The Beetle GBA core's core provided FPS is 59.73
- The Beetle GBA core's core provided sample rate is 44100 Hz
- The Beetle GBA core's core provided aspect ratio is 3/2
The Beetle GBA core has the following option(s) that can be tweaked from the core options menu. The default setting is bolded.
Settings with (Restart) means that core has to be closed for the new setting to be applied on next launch.
HLE bios emulation [gba_hle] (enabled/disabled)
Self-explanatory. When set to off, a Game Boy Advance BIOS is required.
The Beetle GBA core supports the following device type(s) in the controls menu, bolded device types are the default for the specified user(s):
User 1 device typesLink
- None - Doesn't disable input.
- RetroPad - Joypad
- RetroPad w/Analog - Joypad - There's no reason to switch to this.
|User 1 Remap descriptors||RetroPad Inputs|
- Official Mednafen Website
- Official Mednafen Downloads
- Libretro Beetle GBA Core info file
- Libretro Beetle GBA Github Repository
- Report Libretro Beetle GBA Core Issues Here