Nintendo - NES / Famicom (QuickNES)Link
Nes_Emu, the core NES emulator library used by QuickNES, began as a very simple NES emulator sometime in 2004. It was based on the 6502 CPU core and APU sound core used in the Game_Music_Emu sound engine.
The QuickNES core has been authored by
The QuickNES core is licensed under
A summary of the licenses behind RetroArch and its cores have found here.
Content that can be loaded by the QuickNES core have the following file extensions:
RetroArch database(s) that are associated with the QuickNES core:
Frontend-level settings or features that the QuickNES core respects.
The QuickNES core's directory name is 'QuickNES'
The QuickNES core saves/loads to/from these directories.
Frontend's Save directory
- 'content-name'.srm (Cartridge battery save)
Frontend's State directory
- 'content-name'.state# (State)
Geometry and timingLink
- The QuickNES core's core provided FPS is 60
- The QuickNES core's core provided sample rate is 44100 Hz
- The QuickNES core's core provided aspect ratio is 4/3
The QuickNES core supports the following device type(s) in the controls menu, bolded device types are the default for the specified user(s):
User 1 - 2 device typesLink
- None - Doesn't disable input.
- RetroPad - Joypad
- RetroPad w/ Analog - Joypad - There's no reason to switch to this.**
|User 1 - 2 Remap descriptors||RetroPad Inputs|
|Burai Fighter||Softlocks when entering a level.|
|Crisis Force||Crashes on start.|
|Family Circuit '91||Crashes on start.|
|Gradius II||Crashes on start.|
|Huge Insect||No enemies spawn.|
|Lagrange Point||Crashes on start.|
|Mickey's Safari in Letterland||Graphical glitches on the sides of the screen and on the status bar. (1)|
|Ms. Pac-Man (Tengen version)||Graphical glitches on the sides of the screen.|
|Skull & Crossbones||Crashes on start.|
- Official QuickNES Github Repository
- Libretro QuickNES Core info file
- Libretro QuickNES Github Repository
- Report Libretro QuickNES Core Issues Here