Sega - MS/GG (Gearsystem)¶
Gearsystem is an open source, multi-platform, Sega Master System / Game Gear emulator written in C++.
- Highly accurate Z80 core, including undocumented opcodes and behaviour like R and MEMPTR registers.
- Multi-Mapper support: SEGA, Codemasters, and ROM only cartridges.
- Automatic region detection: NTSC-JAP, NTSC-USA, PAL-EUR.
- Internal database for rom detection
- Highly accurate VDP emulation including timing and SMS2 only 224 mode support.
- Audio emulation using SDL Audio and Sms_Snd_Emu library.
- Battery powered RAM save support.
- Save states.
- Game Genie and Pro Action Replay cheat support.
- Runs on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Raspberry Pi, iOS and as a libretro core (RetroArch).
The Gearsystem core has been authored by
- Ignacio Sanchez
The Gearsystem core is licensed under
A summary of the licenses behind RetroArch and its cores have found here.
Content that can be loaded by the Gearsystem core have the following file extensions:
RetroArch database(s) that are associated with the Gearsystem core:
Frontend-level settings or features that the Gearsystem core respects.
|RetroArch Cheats - Game Genie||✔|
|RetroArch Cheats - Pro Acion Replay||✔|
The Gearsystem core's library name is 'Gearsystem'
The Gearsystem core saves/loads to/from these directories.
Frontend's Save directory
|*.srm||Cartridge battery save|
Frontend's State directory
Geometry and timing¶
- The Gearsystem core's core provided FPS is 60 for NTSC games and 50 for PAL games
- The Gearsystem core's core provided sample rate is 44100 Hz
- The Gearsystem core's base width is 256 for Master System games and 160 for Game Gear games
- The Gearsystem core's base height is 192 for Master System games and 144 for Game Gear games
- The Gearsystem core's max width is 256 for Master System games and 160 for Game Gear games
- The Gearsystem core's max height is 224 for Master System games and 144 for Game Gear games
- The Gearsystem core's core provided aspect ratio is 4:3 for Master System games and 10:9 for Game Gear games
|User 1 input descriptors||RetroPad Inputs|
- Official Gearsystem Repository
- Libretro Gearsystem Core info file
- Report Libretro Gearsystem Core Issues Here