Odyssey2 / Videopac+ (O2EM)Link
Contribute to this documentationLink
DOCUMENTATION IS A WORK IN PROGRESS
In order to propose improvements to this document, visit its corresponding source page on github. Changes are proposed using "Pull Requests."
There is a To-Do list for libretro/docs here
O2EM is an open source multi-platform Odyssey2 / Videopac+ emulator. The Odyssey2 (Videopac/Jopac in Europe) was a video game console created in the late 70s.
Why use this core?Link
How to get and install the O2EM core:Link
- Start up RetroArch. Inside the main menu, go to 'Online Updater'.
- Just to make sure we have the latest info files, select 'Update Core Info FIles'. Wait until this is done. Then, select 'Core Updater'.
- Browse through the list and select 'Odyssey2 / Videopac+ (O2EM)'.
After this has finished downloading, the core should now be ready for use!
How to start (after installation):Link
- Go back to RetroArch's main menu screen. Select 'Load Content'.
Browse to the folder that contains the content you want to run.
Select the content that you want to run.
- If you are asked which core to select, choose 'Odyssey2 / Videopac+ (O2EM)'.
The content should now start running!
- Daniel Boris|Andre de la Rocha
- Arlindo M. de Oliveira
A summary of the licenses behind RetroArch and its cores have found here.
The O2EM core is licensed under
Content that can be loaded by the O2EM core have the following file extensions:
RetroArch database(s) that are associated with the O2EM core:
Required or optional firmware files go in RetroArch's system directory.
|o2rom.bin||Odyssey2 BIOS - G7000 model - Required||562d5ebf9e030a40d6fabfc2f33139fd|
|c52.bin||Videopac+ French BIOS - G7000 model - Required||f1071cdb0b6b10dde94d3bc8a6146387|
|g7400.bin||Videopac+ European BIOS - G7400 model - Required||c500ff71236068e0dc0d0603d265ae76|
|jopac.bin||Videopac+ French BIOS - G7400 model - Required||279008e4a0db2dc5f1c048853b033828|
RetroArch-level settings or features that the O2EM core respects.
The O2EM core's directory name is 'O2EM'
Geometry and timingLink
- The O2EM core's internal FPS is 60 for NTSC games and 50 for PAL games.
- The O2EM core's internal sample rate is 44100 Hz
- The O2EM core's core provided aspect ratio is 4/3
The O2EM core supports the following device type(s) in the controls menu, bolded device types are the default for the specified user(s):
User 1 - 2 device typesLink
- None - Doesn't disable input.
- RetroPad - Joypad - Optional description.
- RetroPad w/Analog - Joypad - There's no reason to switch to this.
The O2EM core accepts keyboard inputs as well. Look at the Keyboard section below for more information.
Joypad and analog device type tableLink
|User 1 Remap descriptors||RetroPad Inputs|
|User 2 Remap descriptors||RetroPad Inputs|
Keyboard device type tableLink