Cave Story (NXEngine)¶
NXEngine is a open source reproduction of the Cave Story game engine.
How to start the NXEngine core:¶
- To start the NXEngine core, you need to obtain NXEngine's data files. You can do this by going to RetroArch's main menu screen and selecting 'Online Updater'. From there, select 'Content Downloader'.
- Select 'NXEngine'', then select 'Cave Story (En).zip'. This should download and extract this file to RetroArch's Downloads directory.
- Go back to RetroArch's main menu screen. Select 'Load Content', then 'Downloads'.
Select the 'Cave Story (en)' directory, then select 'Doukutsu.exe'.
If you are asked which core to select, choose 'Cave Story (NXEngine)'.
The content should now start running!
The NXEngine core has been authored by
- Caitlin Shaw
The NXEngine core is licensed under
A summary of the licenses behind RetroArch and its cores have found here.
Content that can be loaded by the NXEngine core have the following file extensions:
RetroArch database(s) that are associated with the NXEngine core:
Frontend-level settings or features that the NXEngine core respects.
The NXEngine core's directory name is 'NXEngine'
The NXEngine core saves/loads to/from these directories.
Frontend's Save directory
- profile#.dat (Save data profile)
Geometry and timing¶
- The NXEngine core's core provided FPS is 60
- The NXEngine core's core provided FPS is 22050 Hz
- The NXEngine core's core provided aspect ratio is 4/3
The NXEngine core supports the following device type(s) in the controls menu, bolded device types are the default for the specified user(s):
User 1 device types¶
- None - Doesn't disable input
- RetroPad - Joypad
- RetroPad w/Analog - Joypad - There is no reason to switch to this.
|User 1 Remap descriptors||RetroPad Inputs|