Rick Dangerous (XRick)Link
Xrick is an open source implementation of the game "Rick Dangerous".
This libretro core is based on BigOrno's work.
How to start the XRick core:Link
- To start the XRick core, you need to obtain Rick Dangerous' data files. You can do this by going to RetroArch's main menu screen and selecting 'Online Updater'. From there, select 'Content Downloader'.
- Select 'Rick Dangerous', then select 'Rick Dangerous.zip'. This should download and extract this file to RetroArch's Downloads directory.
- Go back to RetroArch's main menu screen. Select 'Load Content', then 'Downloads'.
Select the 'xrick' directory, next select 'data.zip'. Then, select Load Archive.
If you are asked which core to select, choose 'Rick Dangerous (XRick)'.
The content should now start running!
The XRick core is licensed under
A summary of the licenses behind RetroArch and its cores have found here.
Content that can be loaded by the XRick core have the following file extensions:
RetroArch database(s) that are associated with the XRick core:
Frontend-level settings or features that the XRick core respects.
The XRick core's internal core name is 'xrick'
Geometry and timingLink
- The XRick core's core provided FPS is 50
- The XRick core's core provided sample rate is 22050.0 Hz
- The XRick core's core provided aspect ratio is 4/3
The XRick core supports the following device type(s) in the controls menu, bolded device types are the default for the specified user(s):
User 1 device typesLink
- None - Doesn't disable input. There's no reason to switch to this.
- RetroPad - Joypad - Stay on this.
- RetroPad w/Analog - Joypad - Same as RetroPad. There's no reason to switch to this.
|RetroPad Inputs||XRick core inputs|
- Attack + Left = Stab left using your bayonet
- Attack + Right = Stab right using your bayonet
- Attack + Up = Shoot
- Attack + Down = Drop a bomb