Nintendo - Game Boy / Color (Gearboy)Link
Gearboy is a Nintendo Game Boy / GameBoy Color emulator written in C++.
- Highly accurate CPU emulation, passes cpu_instrs.gb from blargg's tests.
- Accurate instruction and memory timing, passes instr_timing.gb and mem_timing.gb from blargg's tests.
- Memory Bank Controllers (MBC1, MBC2, MBC3 with RTC, MBC5), ROM + RAM and multicart cartridges.
- Accurate LCD controller emulation. Background, window and sprites, with correct timings and priorities including mid-scanline timing.
- Mix frames: Mimics the LCD ghosting effect seen in the original Game Boy.
- Sound emulation using SDL Audio and Gb_Snd_Emu library.
- Game Boy Color support.
- Integrated disassembler. It can dump the full disassembled memory to a text file or access it in real time.
- Saves battery powered RAM cartridges to file.
- Compressed rom support (ZIP deflate).
- Multi platform. Runs on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Raspberry Pi and iOS.
The Gearboy core has been authored by
- Ignacio Sanchez
The Gearboy core is licensed under
A summary of the licenses behind RetroArch and its cores have found here.
Content that can be loaded by the Gearboy core have the following file extensions:
RetroArch database(s) that are associated with the Gearboy core:
Frontend-level settings or features that the Gearboy core respects.
The Gearboy core's internal core name is 'Gearboy'
The Gearboy core saves/loads to/from these directories.
Frontend's Save directory
- 'content-name'.srm (Cartridge battery backup save)
Geometry and timingLink
- The Gearboy core's core provided FPS is 59.7275005696
- The Gearboy core's core provided sample rate is 44100 Hz
- The Gearboy core's core provided aspect ratio is 10/9
The Gearboy core supports the following device type(s) in the controls menu, bolded device types are the default for the specified user(s):
User 1 device typesLink
- None - Doesn't disable input. There's no reason to switch to this.
- RetroPad - Joypad - Stay on this.
- Nintendo Gameboy - Same as RetroPad. There's no reason to switch to this.
|User 1 Remap descriptors||RetroPad Inputs|
- Official Gearboy Github Repository
- Libretro Gearboy Core info file
- Libretro Gearboy Github Repository
- Report Libretro Gearboy Core Issues Here