Game Boy / Game Boy Color (TGB Dual)Link
Contribute to this documentationLink
In order to propose improvements to this document, visit its corresponding source page on github. Changes are proposed using "Pull Requests."
There is a To-Do list for libretro/docs here
TGB Dual is an open source (GPLv2) GB/GBC emulator with game link cable support.
Why use this core?Link
How to get and install the TGB Dual core:Link
- Start up RetroArch. Inside the main menu, go to 'Online Updater'.
- Just to make sure we have the latest info files, select 'Update Core Info FIles'. Wait until this is done. Then, select 'Core Updater'.
- Browse through the list and select 'Game Boy / Game Boy Color (TGB Dual)'.
After this has finished downloading, the core should now be ready for use!
How to start (after installation):Link
- Go back to RetroArch's main menu screen. Select 'Load Content'.
Browse to the folder that contains the content you want to run.
Select the content that you want to run.
- If you are asked which core to select, choose 'Game Boy / Game Boy Color (TGB Dual)'.
The content should now start running!
- Game Boy / Game Boy Color (Emux GB)
- Game Boy / Game Boy Color (Gambatte)
- Game Boy / Game Boy Color (SameBoy)
- Game Boy / Game Boy Color (Gearboy)
- Game Boy Advance (mGBA)
A summary of the licenses behind RetroArch and its cores have found here.
The TGB Dual core is licensed under
Content that can be loaded by the TGB Dual core have the following file extensions:
RetroArch database(s) that are associated with the TGB Dual core:
RetroArch-level settings or features that the TGB Dual core respects.
The TGB Dual core's directory name is 'TGB Dual'
The TGB Dual core saves/loads to/from these directories.
RetroArch's Save directory
- 'content-name'.srm (Cartridge battery save)
- 'content-name'.rtc (Real time clock save)
RetroArch's State directory
- 'content-name'.state# (State)
Geometry and timingLink
- The TGB Dual core's internal FPS is 59.72
- The TGB Dual core's internal sample rate is 44100 Hz
- The TGB Dual core's core provided aspect ratio is (Ratio)
The TGB Dual core has the following option(s) that can be tweaked from the core options menu. The default setting is bolded.
Settings with (Restart) means that core has to be closed for the new setting to be applied on next launch.
- GB Link Enable (Restart) (Off/On) (restart)
GB Link Enable - Enabled
- Screen placement (horizontal/vertical)
- Switch player screens (normal/switched)
- Show player screens (both players/player 1 only/player 2 only)
The TGB Dual core supports the following device type(s) in the controls menu, bolded device types are the default for the specified user(s):
User 1 - 2 device typesLink
- None - Input isn't disabled.
- RetroPad - Joypad
- RetroPad w/Analog - Joypad - There is no reason to switch to this.
Joypad and analog device type tableLink
|User 1 - 2 Input descriptors||RetroPad Inputs|
|Prev Audio Mode|
|Next Audio Mode|