Contribute to this documentationLink
In order to propose improvements to this document, visit its corresponding source page on github. Changes are proposed using "Pull Requests."
A tech demo for libretro GL with additional features (camera/location/etc).
Why use this core?Link
How to get and install the 3D Engine core:Link
Start up RetroArch. Inside the main menu, go to 'Online Updater'.
Just to make sure we have the latest info files, select 'Update Core Info FIles'. Wait until this is done. Then, select 'Core Updater'.
Browse through the list and select '3D Engine'.
After this has finished downloading, the core should now be ready for use!
How to start (after installation):Link
Go back to RetroArch's main menu screen. Select 'Load Content'.
Browse to the folder that contains the content you want to run.
Select the content that you want to run.
If you are asked which core to select, choose '3D Engine'.
The content should now start running!
A summary of the licenses behind RetroArch and its cores have found here.
Content that can be loaded by the 3D Engine core have the following file extensions:
RetroArch features that the 3D Engine core respects.
The 3D Engine core's directory name is 'Libretro 3DEngine'
Geometry and timingLink
The 3D Engine core's internal FPS is 60.0.
The 3D Engine core's internal sample rate is 30000.0 Hz.
The 3D Engine core's core provided aspect ratio is (Ratio).
The 3D Engine core has the following option(s) that can be tweaked from the core options menu. The default setting is bolded.
Settings with (Restart) means that core has to be closed for the new setting to be applied on next launch.
- Internal resolution (320x240/360x480/480x272/512x384/512x512/640x240/640x448/640x480/720x576/800x600/960x720/1024x768/1024x1024/1280x720/1280x960/1600x1200/1920x1080/1920x1440/1920x1600/2048x1152/2048x1536/2048x2048/320x240)
- Cube size (0/1/2/4/8/16/32/64/128)
- Cube stride (2.0 to 8.0 in increments of 1.0. 2.0 is default)
- Camera enable (Off/On)
- Camera FB Type (texture//raw framebuffer)
- Sensor enable (Off/On)
- Location enable (Off/On)
- Location camera control (Off/On)
- Discard hack enable (Off/On)
- Location position OSD (Off/On)
The 3D Engine core supports the following device type(s) in the controls menu, bolded device types are the default for the specified user(s):
User 1 device typesLink
- None - Doesn't disable input.
- RetroPad - Joypad
- RetroPad w/Analog - Joypad - There is no reason to switch to this.
Joypad and analog device type tableLink
|User 1 Remap descriptors||RetroPad Inputs||3D Engine core inputs|
|X||Move right or left/Rotate model|
|Y||Move forwards and backwards/Rotate model|
|X||Look right and left|
|Y||Look up and down/Zoom-in or Zoom-out|