Game Boy/Game Boy Color (Emux GB) WIP¶
Emux is a cross-platform emulator project with a goal of emulating multiple kinds of machines related to gaming, such as consoles or arcades. Its philosophy is very much inspired by the Linux kernel (hence the name), which brilliantly manages to support multiple machines while keeping drivers entirely platform-independent. Emux is designed in the same way, keeping a code base of CPUs and controllers separate from machines.
The Emux GB core has been authored by
- Sebastien Ronsse
The Emux GB core is licensed under
A summary of the licenses behind RetroArch and its cores can be found here.
Content that can be loaded by the Emux GB core have the following file extensions:
RetroArch database(s) that are associated with the Emux GB core:
Required or optional firmware files go in RetroArch's system directory.
|dmg_boot.bin||Game Boy Boot ROM - Required||32fbbd84168d3482956eb3c5051637f5|
RetroArch-level settings or features that the Emux GB core respects.
The Emux GB core's directory name is 'emux (gb)'
Geometry and timing¶
- The Emux GB core's internal FPS is (FPS)
- The Emux GB core's internal sample rate is (Rate)
- The Emux GB core's core provided aspect ratio is (Ratio)
The Emux GB core supports the following device type(s) in the controls menu, bolded device types are the default for the specified user(s):
User 1 device types¶
- None - Doesn't disable input.
- RetroPad - Joypad
- RetroPad w/Analog - Joypad - There is no reason to switch to this.
Joypad and analog device type table¶
|User 1 Input descriptors||RetroPad Inputs||RetroPad|
- Libretro Emux GB Core info file
- Libretro Emux GB Github Repository
- Report Libretro Emux GB Core Issues Here
- Official Emux GB Github Repository
Nintendo - Game Boy (+ Color)¶
- Nintendo - Game Boy / Color (Gambatte)
- Nintendo - Game Boy / Color (Gearboy)
- Nintendo - Game Boy / Color (SameBoy)
- Nintendo - Game Boy / Color (TGB Dual)
- Nintendo - Game Boy Advance (mGBA)
- Nintendo - Game Boy Advance (VBA-M)
- Nintendo - SNES / Famicom (higan Accuracy)
- Nintendo - SNES / Famicom (nSide Balanced)
- Nintendo - SNES / Famicom (Mesen-S)