Video/music player implemented in libretro.
The FFmpeg core has been authored by
- Fabrice Bellard
- FFmpeg team
The FFmpeg core is licensed under
A summary of the licenses behind RetroArch and its cores have found here.
Content that can be loaded by the FFmpeg core have the following file extensions:
Frontend-level settings or features that the FFmpeg core respects.
The FFmpeg core's directory name is 'FFmpeg'
Geometry and timing¶
- The FFmpeg core's core provided FPS is dependant on the loaded media.
- The FFmpeg core's core provided sample rate is dependant on the loaded media.
- The FFmpeg core's core provided aspect ratio is dependant on the loaded media.
The FFmpeg core has the following option(s) that can be tweaked from the core options menu. The default setting is bolded.
Settings with (Restart) means that core has to be closed for the new setting to be applied on next launch.
Temporal Interpolation [ffmpeg_temporal_interp] (Off/On)
'Fake’ a higher framerate by using motion blur.
FFT Resolution [ffmpeg_fft_resolution] (1280x720/1920x1080/2560x1440/3840x2160/640x360/320x180)
Modify the resolution of the music visualizer.
FFT Resolution - 320x180
FFT Resolution - 3840x2160
FFT Multisample [ffmpeg_fft_multisample] (1x/2x/4x)
Modify the antialiasing of the music visualizer.
Colorspace [ffmpeg_color_space] (auto/BT.70/BT.601/FCC/SMPTE240M)
Choose colorspaces from different broadcast regions/standards.
The FFmpeg core supports the following device type(s) in the controls menu, bolded device types are the default for the specified user(s):
User 1 device types¶
- None - Doesn't disable input.
- RetroPad - Joypad
- RetroPad w/Analog - Joypad - There's no reason to switch to this.
- Mouse - The FFmpeg core allows Wheel Up and Wheel Down mouse inputs for seeking. This is always active, completely separate from the device types in the Controls menu and cannot be manually selected.
|User 1 Remap descriptors||RetroPad Inputs|
|Seek +60 seconds|
|Seek -60 seconds|
|Seek -10 seconds|
|Seek +10 seconds|
|Cycle Audio Track|
|Cycle Subtitle Track|
|RetroMouse Inputs||FFmpeg Core Inputs|
|Wheel Up||Seek +60 seconds|
|Wheel Down||Seek -60 seconds|