SNES / Super Famicom (Beetle bsnes)Link
Contribute to this documentationLink
DOCUMENTATION IS A WORK IN PROGRESS
In order to propose improvements to this document, visit its corresponding source page on github. Changes are proposed using "Pull Requests."
There is a To-Do list for libretro/docs here
Standalone port of Mednafen bSNES to libretro, itself a old fork of bsnes 0.59.
Why use this core?Link
This core exists as a side effect of porting/forking mednafen for its other cores in the past. There's no reason to use this core now that there's other more compatible and faster SNES cores.
How to install the Beetle bsnes core:Link
- Start up RetroArch. Inside the main menu, go to 'Online Updater'.
- Just to make sure we have the latest info files, select 'Update Core Info FIles'. Wait until this is done. Then, select 'Core Updater'.
- Browse through the list and select 'SNES / Super Famicom (Beetle bsnes)'.
After this has finished downloading, the core should now be ready for use!
How to start the Beetle bsnes core:Link
- Go back to RetroArch's main menu screen. Select 'Load Content'.
Browse to the folder that contains the content you want to run.
Select the content that you want to run.
If you are asked which core to select, choose 'SNES / Super Famicom (Beetle bsnes)'.
The content should now start running!
- Mednafen Team
- SNES / Super Famicom (bsnes Accuracy)
- SNES / Super Famicom (bsnes Balanced)
- SNES / Super Famicom (bsnes C++98 (v085))
- SNES / Super Famicom (bsnes Performance)
- SNES / Super Famicom (bsnes-mercury Accuracy)
- SNES / Super Famicom (bsnes-mercury Balanced)
- SNES / Super Famicom (bsnes-mercury Performance)
- SNES / Super Famicom (higan Accuracy)
- SNES / Super Famicom (nSide Balanced)
- SNES / Super Famicom (Snes9x 2002)
- SNES / Super Famicom (Snes9x 2005 Plus)
- SNES / Super Famicom (Snes9x 2005)
- SNES / Super Famicom (Snes9x 2010)
- SNES / Super Famicom (Snes9x)
A summary of the licenses behind RetroArch and its cores have found here.
The Beetle bsnes core is licensed under
Content that can be loaded by the Beetle bsnes core have the following file extensions:
RetroArch database(s) that are associated with the Beetle bsnes core:
- Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System
- Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System Hacks
- Nintendo - Sufami Turbo
RetroArch-level settings or features that the Beetle bsnes core respects.
The Beetle bsnes core's directory name is 'Mednafen bSNES'
The Beetle bsnes core saves/loads to/from these directories.
RetroArch's Config directory
- Mednafen bSNES.cfg (Core Overrides)
- 'content-name'.cfg (Game Overrides)
- 'content-name'.opt (Game-options)
RetroArch's Input Remapping directory
- Mednafen bSNES.rmp (Core Remap)
- 'content-name'.rmp (Game Remap)
RetroArch's Video Shader directory
- Mednafen bSNES.'shader-preset-extension' (Core Shader Preset)
- 'content-name'.'shader-preset-extension' (Game Shader Preset)
RetroArch's Save directory
- 'content-name'.srm (Cartridge battery save)
- 'content-name'.rtc (Real time clock save)
RetroArch's State directory
- 'content-name'.state# (State)
Geometry and timingLink
- The Beetle bsnes core's core provided FPS is 60
- The Beetle bsnes core's core provided sample rate is 44100 Hz
- The Beetle bsnes core's core provided aspect ratio is 4/3
The Beetle bsnes core supports the following device type(s) in the controls menu, bolded device types are the default for the specified user(s):
User # - # device typesLink
- None - Doesn't disable input
- RetroPad - Joypad
- RetroPad w/Analog - Joypad - There's no reason to switch to this.
|User # Remap descriptors||RetroPad Inputs||RetroPad|