NES / Famicom (bnes)Link
Contribute to this documentationLink
DOCUMENTATION IS A WORK IN PROGRESS
In order to propose improvements to this document, visit its corresponding source page on github. Changes are proposed using "Pull Requests."
There is a To-Do list for libretro/docs here
A port of bNES v083 to libretro.
Why use this core?Link
How to install the bnes core:Link
- Start up RetroArch. Inside the main menu, go to 'Online Updater'.
- Just to make sure we have the latest info files, select 'Update Core Info FIles'. Wait until this is done. Then, select 'Core Updater'.
- Browse through the list and select 'NES / Famicom (bnes)'.
After this has finished downloading, the core should now be ready for use!
How to start the (Core name) core:Link
- Go back to RetroArch's main menu screen. Select 'Load Content'.
Browse to the folder that contains the content you want to run.
Select the content that you want to run.
If you are asked which core to select, choose 'NES / Famicom (bnes)'.
The content should now start running!
- NES / Famicom (Emux NES)
- NES / Famicom (FCEUmm)
- NES / Famicom (Nestopia UE)
- NES / Famicom (QuickNES)
A summary of the licenses behind RetroArch and its cores have found here.
The bnes core is licensed under
Content that can be loaded by the bnes core have the following file extensions:
RetroArch database(s) that are associated with the bnes core:
RetroArch-level settings or features that the bnes core respects.
The bnes core's directory name is 'bnes'
The bnes core saves/loads to/from these directories.
RetroArch's Config directory
- bnes.cfg (Core Overrides)
- 'content-name'.cfg (Game Overrides)
- 'content-name'.opt (Game-options)
RetroArch's Input Remapping directory
- bnes.rmp (Core Remap)
- 'content-name'.rmp (Game Remap)
RetroArch's Video Shader directory
- bnes.'shader-preset-extension' (Core Shader Preset)
- 'content-name'.'shader-preset-extension' (Game Shader Preset)
RetroArch's Save directory
- 'content-name'.srm (Cartridge battery save)
RetroArch's State directory
- 'content-name'.state# (State)
Geometry and timingLink
- The bnes core's core provided FPS is 60
- The bnes core's core provided sample rate is 32000 Hz
- The bnes core's core provided aspect ratio is (Ratio)
The bnes core supports the following device type(s) in the controls menu, bolded device types are the default for the specified user(s):
User 1 - 2 device typesLink
- None - Doesn't disable input.
- RetroPad - Joypad
- RetroPad w/Analog - Joypad - There is no reason to switch to this.
|User 1 - 2 Remap descriptors||RetroPad Inputs|
|Crisis Force||Graphical glitches. (1)|
|Huge Insect||No enemies spawn.|
|Lagrange Point||No music.|
|Ms. Pac-Man (Tengen version)||Graphical glitches on the sides of the screen.|
|Skull & Crossbones||Crashes on start.|