Game Boy Advance (Beetle GBA)Link
Contribute to this documentationLink
DOCUMENTATION IS A WORK IN PROGRESS
In order to propose improvements to this document, visit its corresponding source page on github. Changes are proposed using "Pull Requests."
There is a To-Do list for libretro/docs here
Standalone port of Mednafen GBA to libretro, itself a fork of VBA-M, itself a fork of Visual Boy Advance.
Why use this core?Link
How to get and install the Beetle GBA core:Link
- Start up RetroArch. Inside the main menu, go to 'Online Updater'.
- Just to make sure we have the latest info files, select 'Update Core Info FIles'. Wait until this is done. Then, select 'Core Updater'.
- Browse through the list and select 'Game Boy Advance (Beetle GBA)'.
After this has finished downloading, the core should now be ready for use!
How to start (after installation):Link
- Go back to RetroArch's main menu screen. Select 'Load Content'.
Browse to the folder that contains the content you want to run.
Select the content that you want to run.
If you are asked which core to select, choose 'Game Boy Advance (Beetle GBA)'.
The content should now start running!
- Mednafen Team
- Game Boy Advance (gpSP)
- Game Boy Advance (Meteor)
- Game Boy Advance (mGBA)
- Game Boy Advance (VBA Next)
- Game Boy Advance (VBA-M)
A summary of the licenses behind RetroArch and its cores have found here.
The Beetle GBA core is licensed under
Content that can be loaded by the Beetle GBA core have the following file extensions:
RetroArch database(s) that are associated with the Beetle GBA core:
Required or optional firmware files go in RetroArch's system directory.
|gba_bios.bin||Game Boy Advance BIOS - Optional||a860e8c0b6d573d191e4ec7db1b1e4f6|
RetroArch-level settings or features that the Beetle GBA core respects.
|Netplay||✔ (not link-cable emulation)|
The Beetle GBA core's directory name is 'Mednafen VBA-M'
The Beetle GBA core saves/loads to/from these directories.
RetroArch's Save directory
- 'content-name'.'ROM MD5'.sav (SRAM)
- 'content-name'.'ROM MD5'.eep (EEPROM)
RetroArch's State directory
- 'content-name'.state# (State)
Geometry and timingLink
- The Beetle GBA core's internal FPS is 59.73
- The Beetle GBA core's internal sample rate is 44100 Hz
- The Beetle GBA core's core provided aspect ratio is 3/2
The Beetle GBA core has the following option(s) that can be tweaked from the core options menu. The default setting is bolded.
Settings with (Restart) means that core has to be closed for the new setting to be applied on next launch.
HLE bios emulation (Off/On)
The Beetle GBA core supports the following device type(s) in the controls menu, bolded device types are the default for the specified user(s):
User 1 device typesLink
- None - Doesn't disable input.
- RetroPad - Joypad
- RetroPad w/Analog - Joypad - There's no reason to switch to this.
Joypad and analog device type tableLink
|User 1 Remap descriptors||RetroPad Inputs|